Leo Pinckney Field at Falcon Park
Home of the Auburn Doubledays
A group of men in Auburn formed the area's first organized baseball league.
Welcome to Auburn, NY - the home of minor league baseball!
The baseball stadium at Falcon Park was originally built in 1926 by the Polish Falcons, a local branch of a national Polish-American social organization. The stadium was a fairly standard, classic wood and steel grandstand structure. Falcon Park was infamous throughout the League for its 4' drop from home plate to center field. After years of disrepair, the park was revitalized in 1958 for the newly acquired franchise under the umbrella of the Yankees and the new Auburn team joined the Class A New York-Penn League. The City of Auburn took ownership of the team and Falcon Park in 1992. The old stadium was not up to current standards on the field, in the locker rooms, or in the grandstands. The "new" Falcon Park was built at a cost of $3.4 million
between the 1994 and 1995 seasons.
Auburn now has the only city-owned professional baseball team in the country.
Auburn enters pro-baseball in the Canadian-American League with the Auburn Bouleys
Team became Auburn Mets, affiliated with the New York Mets
Team became Auburn Phillies, affiliated with the Philadelphia Phillies
Doubledays named co-champions of the NY-Penn League
City of Auburn took ownership of team and field
Team became Auburn Astros, affiliated with the Houston Atros
The Doubledays became affiliated with the Washington Nationals
The first national season of minor league baseball kicked off in 1902 with 14 leagues and 96 clubs
Border League folds leaving Auburn with no pro-baseball team
Team became Auburn Twins, affiliated with the Minnesota Twins
During this time, the Auburn team had no major affiliations and was sponsored by cooperative agreements.
1978 - The Auburn Sunsets
1979 - The Auburn Red Stars
1980-1981 - The Auburn Americans
With John H. Graham as general manager, the team set the all-time attendance record at Falcon Park.
Team kept the Doubledays name, but became affiliated with the Toronto Blue Jays
Auburn Independents' third baseman John H. Farrell became president of the NYS baseball league in 1901. Later that year, Farrell helped form The National Association of Professional Baseball League and became secretary.
Professional baseball returns after WW2 with Auburn Cayugas
Falcon Park revitalized, The First Hot Stove Dinner was held - starting a 55 year tradition!
Team became Auburn Yankees, affiliated with the New York Yankees
The Auburn Community Owned Baseball Association was formed - Falcon Park was in disrepair
The Auburn Mets won the New York-Penn League Championship in1963, 1964, and 1966. At least three Auburn players went on to play in the 1969 World Series.
The "new" Falcon Park was built
The new park was built at $3.4 million. It seats 2,800 people, offers amenities like concessions, and serves as the home of the Auburn Maroons High School Baseball Team
Leo Pinckney threw out the first ball at the Hall of Fame Game in Cooperstown, 1996.
Team officially adopted the name
The Auburn Doubledays
First season as members of the Perfect Game Collegiate Baseball League
Doubledays won the Pinckney Division title for six straight years in 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007